Thursday, December 13, 2007

Through The Eyes Of A Parent

Last night me and M watched Frosty The Snowman. Is it just me, or do those cartoons seem shorter than they did when I was a kid. I swear ol' Rankin & Bass left some scenes out of the version we watched last night (originally aired last Friday night....I do love me some DVR).

So anyway, we're watching Frosty and M is really getting into it and then I start to realize that I'm watching Frosty like a "parent" watches Frosty....mumbling to myself that its Winter time and those kids need more clothes on to play out in the snow, and wondering what kind of influence Frosty actually was. I mean Karen hadn't even thought about going to the North Pole with him until he mentioned it. And of course she was all like "Sure, as long as I'm back in time for dinner". Makes you wonder what would have happened if Frosty had offered her 'shrooms that he had hidden underneath that "magic hat". I'm sure Santa would have come along and saved the day, but this time he'd be driving a VW Vanagon.

Tonight we're watching Frosty Returns. I'm anxious to see the after school special that pops into my head.

No comments: