Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's The Shoes That Makes The Pre-Schooler

After weeks of hearing bits and pieces of this Christmas song and that Christmas song we finally got the chance to hear the songs as they were meant to be heard...being screamed from the mouths of 30 or so 4 year olds.

I must admit that M is a performer and took her role very seriously, but being the true diva that she is, she was ultimately more concerned with what shoes she would be wearing. Being all decked out in her best Christmas dress is simply not enough...we MUST wear the black patent leather shoes to just set the outfit off. Mind you, these are the same shoes that I am trying to preserve for her role as Flower girl in a wedding the weekend after Christmas. And we all know how careful 4 year olds are with their shoes. (Do you sense the sarcasm?) So after many tears (mostly mine) I let her wear the shoes. She calls them her "tap" shoes. And to my amazement, she was actually careful with them and took them off as soon as we entered the house after the performance. It did help that the children performed INSTEAD of the daily playing on the dirt playground. So the shoes went back in the box until the wedding, at which time I told M that she could wear them wherever and with whatever she so desired, as long it is not illegal. You should have seen the disappointment on her face.


*Notice that the only picture from the entire performance (stupid rechargeable batteries) has the shoes cut out of the shot.

1 comment:

Loralee Choate said...

I had a pair of "Tap" shoes, too! I drove my mother insane because I insisted on wearing them EVERYWHERE. (Because, DUH! Patent leather makes everything super-awesome!)

Sadly, I HAVE NO GIRL to buy cute shoes and dresses for.

Grumble, pout, whine.